Survival time

Recently Dr Whol gave an average 13 year survival time (from point of diagnosis?) in an answer to a question. Would he please justify it, accounting for adherence, hepatitis C co-infection, CD4 count at time, time of diagnosis and therefore therapeutic interventions available. It seems to me far too absolute and, basically, unverifiable, therefore bad to mention in public with such certainty.

- matt

Thanks for your post.

I'll let Dr. Wohl answer for himself; but the study that he referred to is this one:

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/news/newsreleases/2006/AIDSsurvival.htm

I find that the study actually reinforces the idea that successful medications can dramatically improve the life expectancy for those living with HIV. This study, like others, and like our professional opinions rendered here at TheBody are limited by being estimates of the future, rather than a trip from Back to the Future; I'd caution you from over-interpretation of this study's conclusions, or Dr. Wohl's review of the study. BY

Echinacea - Good or Bad
Swithing from Epivir to Emtriva