|Is it save to switch to Atripla?
Jul 23, 2006
This is my fifth year on HAART. I started with the combo of Sustiva, Lamivudine and 3TC. I changed to another combo of Lamivudine+3TC+Nevirapine about two years ago. Now with the new Atripla in the market, is it save to switch to it?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
It is unclear what you are currently taking as lamivudine and 3TC are the same drugs. If you are still on AZT + 3TC (i.e. Combivir) plus nevirapine, a switch to Atripla for convenience should be no problem provided your viral load is undetectable now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Testing Negative After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.