Is it save to switch to Atripla?

This is my fifth year on HAART. I started with the combo of Sustiva, Lamivudine and 3TC. I changed to another combo of Lamivudine+3TC+Nevirapine about two years ago. Now with the new Atripla in the market, is it save to switch to it?

It all depends on why you switched from Sustiva to nevirapine. If you had a side effect with Sustiva, Atripla will not be for you as it contains Sustiva.

It is unclear what you are currently taking as lamivudine and 3TC are the same drugs. If you are still on AZT + 3TC (i.e. Combivir) plus nevirapine, a switch to Atripla for convenience should be no problem provided your viral load is undetectable now.

Gates
Truvada vs Combivir