update on labs...wow

Hi Dr. Young,

I wrote to you a few weeks ago and just wanted to give you a quick update on my progress. I started on Sustiva/Truvada and just got my one month labs back. Before I started, my numbers were 250, 60,000 and 18% which were pretty scary numbers for being infected only a couple years ago. My numbers are now 360, 1,000 and 27%...a very dramatic improvement I think! In reading many posts on this site, it seems this type of improvement is somewhat atypical, would you agree and if so, to what would you attribute that. At any rate, I am ecstatic and again would like to thank you for all your support and help. I really don't think I could have remained as calm as I have without this site and most importantly, your compassionate contributions. JB

JB-

Thanks for your post and follow up. It certainly appears like you've had a great initial response to treatment. Your viral load drop is actually not atypical at all- going from 60,000 to 1000 in one month is a ~98% drop (just under 2 log10); precisely what we've come to expect from potent drug regimens.

Either way, congratulations on an adherence job well done. Your lab results should be a strong motivation for continued perseverance with the medications.

Stay in touch; best of health to you. BY

PCR test
ZERIT AND FAT WASTING