Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

resistance fears
Jul 20, 2006

I am not on meds yet, however, I am due to go on them shortly. I am 22years old, CD4 is 371 and Viral is 33,000.

My adherence to drug test is fine, all drugs should work.

I am concerned with whether i may run out of options, how good are the drugs in terms of side affects these days, and how long will drugs last roughly.

Im so scared of running out of options in the future. Im only young.

Please let me know your honest opinion

Thanks for your time

Response from Dr. Wohl

The key thing is to take your meds as directed. Current regimens are very potent and 3 of 4 people taking these drugs in clinical studies can have a viral load that in undetectable for years.

As far as side effects, anyone can get one to any drug. The good news is you try the best regimen for you. If you develop a problem, switch to the next best. There are more treatment options than ever and new drugs coming out all the time.

Fear not.

DW

Previous
Atripla and Treatment Failure
Next
Can CD4 count bounce back

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.