resistance fears

I am not on meds yet, however, I am due to go on them shortly. I am 22years old, CD4 is 371 and Viral is 33,000.

My adherence to drug test is fine, all drugs should work.

I am concerned with whether i may run out of options, how good are the drugs in terms of side affects these days, and how long will drugs last roughly.

Im so scared of running out of options in the future. Im only young.

Please let me know your honest opinion

Thanks for your time

The key thing is to take your meds as directed. Current regimens are very potent and 3 of 4 people taking these drugs in clinical studies can have a viral load that in undetectable for years.

As far as side effects, anyone can get one to any drug. The good news is you try the best regimen for you. If you develop a problem, switch to the next best. There are more treatment options than ever and new drugs coming out all the time.

Fear not.

Atripla and Treatment Failure
Can CD4 count bounce back