Is Atripla for me?

I am currently taking Sustiva, Viread and Epsicom. Would it be a simple switch for my doctor to change me to the new drug Atripla? Would there be any significant differences in side affects?

Atripla is tenofovir+FTC+efavirenz. This is different than what you are on now in that you are also on abacavir (a component of Epzicom) and instead of FTC you take 3TC (the other component of Epzicom).

If this is your first regimen and you have a viral load that is undetectable and no known resistance to 3TC/FTC, then a switch to Atripla is feasible for the purpose of simplifying your regimen (one pill instead of 3 pills).

There would be no added side effects to the regimen you are on now as 3TC and FTC are pretty similar to one another.

Low T-Cells
combivir