Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: Once Daily Pill - Thank You Dr. Wohl!
Jul 14, 2006

I wrote earlier about possibly switching to the once-daily pill.

Thank you for such a promt and well thought out answer. I REALLY needed your input.

I will now most likely leave my "lucky as ----" situation alone - especially now you've explained the possible issues involved with any change.

As far as the "meals" issue with Reyataz, what really constitutes a "meal"? I've found that unless I include something a bit greasy (yuck!) I feel bloated and gassy all day. Mind you, a bite or 2 of a hot dog, a microwave sausage - or even a bit of left over chicken (or whatever we've had the night before) seems to do the trick when added to my usual yogurt, fruit, oatmeal breakfast-bar with OJ routine in the morning.

I will still have the discussion with my Dr - just because he's so cool and may have additional input, but I'm thinking you're right. It's working - leave it alone!!!

With the luck I've been fortunate enough to have had, I really shouldn't whine about having to eat a bit of something greasy every morning, eh? As far as the loads we all have to bear through this life - I'm doing OK and I just need to deal with this. I can do this. : )

Thank you again Dr. Wohl!

All my best wishes to you and yours - always!

Response from Dr. Wohl

Thanks and good luck.

DW

Previous
Heart Attack Revisted/Need Your Help
Next
Switch to Atripla?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.