Testerone replacemtnt

I am a 56 year old gay man and tested positive a little over 4 years ago. My test results are great, CD4 absolute ct at 1329, t helper 58% and undectable viral load. My doctor also ran a test for free testerone because of low sex drive and found the free testerone was low. He put me on Androgel. Will my testerone ever return to normal or will I have to be on the gel for the rest of my life? Thank you. Sign me old fart.

Dear S.M.O.F.,

Testosterone does wane with age so many of end up with low levels of the stuff. Androgel and Testim are designed to raise testosterone levels to those that are considered in the 'normal' range. It may well be that you will be on testosterone for a long while and certainly as long as you find the Androgel to be helping with libido.

Do make sure your prostate is examined regularly as prostate cancers can be responsive to testosterone. Talk to your doctor about the best way to monitor your prostate's health.

when should I take Atripla?
I had Yellow fever vaccination