Vein visability

I have been positive and have been on meds for 13 years. For the most part, I feel great. Although this may be considered vane...My legs are covered with bulging veins and I was wondering if there is something that can be done about this, like lazer or stripping or some type of cosmetic surgery. Thank you for your response.

Thanks for your post.

There are indeed a number of approaches for dealing with prominent veins. Bulging veins in the legs that you describe are not uncommon-- called varicose veins. It's worth mentioning that it would be important to distinguish varicose veins from the prominent normal veins associated with fat loss, or lipoatrophy. Treatments for varicose veins include both surgical stripping and laser ablation.

I'd talk to your doctor about what options are best for you.

I hope this helps. Thanks for reading. BY

Explain the test results
Becoming a Nurse with Hiv