Disclosure

What is the responsibility of a physician to disclose information to a patient from routine blood tests for symptoms relating to general health, if the doctor becomes aware that his patient is HIV? I am begining to suspect that I may be infected and will seek testing as soon as possible. Seeral doctors over the last fifteen years have put me off in seeking general health care services.

Thank you for your post.

I'm not exactly clear what your question is-- most general doctors are very happy to provide general health care. Physicians are responsible for reviewing lab results with their patients; likewise, I believe that patients should bear some of the ownership in finding out the results of lab or other diagnostic tests that are obtained.

If you suspect that you're HIV+, get tested-- you can do this with your regular doctor or any one of a number of anonymous (or free) testing sites in your community.

Write back here if you have any difficulty, I'd be happy to assist. BY

which med should I stop?
HIV specialists in Toronto