Lymphoma or Ludicrous

Hi Drs.,

I was exposed to HIV 5 months ago. During my first set of labs, I had a vl of over a million and Cd4 of 266. I have been on sustiva/truvada for two months now and my last labs indicated a vl of undetectable and cd4 of 539.

My question is this: About a week after my positive test result, the lymph nodes on the left side swelled painlessly and have remained that way for the past 3 months. At the same time, I developed a a constant post-nasal drip with no coughing, sneezing, runny nose, or popping ears, with maybe a slightly irritated throat. Is this symptomatic of some sort of cancerous lymphoma? I read that people with HIV get that quite often. My doctor had me me get a CT scan of my neck done and the results are not back yet. I don't know what to think about this possible double whammy.

Thanks for your post.

While enlarged lymph nodes can be a symptom of lymphoma (especially those nodes that are especially large and non-tender), the are also not an uncommon finding among otherwise healthy persons with HIV, even those who are on successful treatment regimens. I'd be quite surprised based on your symptoms that you've got lymphoma.

Best of luck, BY

Non HIV Aids
Long term Non-progresor