Jul 5, 2006
In what instances is the use of Kaletra as the only medicine used?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Kaletra monotherapy is primarily an investigational strategy. But some patients on are Kaletra monotherapy because of resistance or intolerance (or both) to other classes of antiretroviral agents. I have rarely used Kaletra monotherapy in a situation where a patient lacks insurance coverage, does not qualify for assistance, and is looking for a more affordable option. In the U.S. a year's supply Kaletra can be purchased for about $8,500 versus $12,000 to $16,000 for a traditional triple drug cocktail.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.