FAST PROGRESSOR?

Dear Doc.

I have been infected for only 3 months. My VL is at 13,000. Is that too high for only 3 months of infection? Is this an early indication that i am a fast progressor? My cd4 is at 575. At this rate, how long it will be until I start on meds? Thank you!

Thanks for your post.

Your viral load is actually on the low side of average (typically ~50,000). Based on this, I wouldn't predict that you'll be a rapid progressor.

Nevertheless, HIV+'s with even low viral loads can and do have CD4 count declines-- your CD4 is well within the normal range currently. I wouldn't expect that you'd need to start on medications for quite a while, probably several years.

Hope this helps. BY

Please forgive for being so vain
IIgM defeciency