For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

should my kid retake oral meds 2 hours and vomit

my daughter is taking isoniazid 5ml and rifampicin 7.5ml for her primary complex, however she is having productive cough so i gave her carbocistein after 30 min. i gave her anti TB meds, 2 hours after she vomits and her vomits shows red which is the question is should i repeat her intake???

Thanks for your post.

Unless you actually see pill fragments in the vomit, there's no need to redose-- this usually only happens within 10-15 minutes of swallowing the pill. Rifampin typically gives body fluids (saliva, tears, urine and yes, even vomit) a red color. This color doesn't necessarily mean that there's pill in the vomit.

I hope this is helpful. BY

Happy 4rth of July
fat redistribution