Choosing your "recreational" meds

This point could equally be made in "Managing side effects". - I want to warn fellow readers after a terrifying experience last weekend.

I am I guess what you would describe as a chronic ecstacy user: -I've taken it several times a month for many years, and I guess I'd say I'm "socially adicted" to it.

I have been taking a combination of Reyataz, Norvir and Truvada since January, with no significant side effects: -I've taken ecstacy fairly regularly since then, but nothing like what happened to me this weekend just gone has ever occured before.

I went out to a club (thank god I wasn't on my own) and I took a single pill, -in a "normal" evening, I might easily have consumed 3 or 4. I got high quite quickly, and was dancing and generally having fun, I came down a bit, and then about half an hour later, I was high again, this time I was as high as I have ever been, but still having fun. I came down again.... -and about half an hour later it hit me a third time, but much stronger, at this point, I realised what must be happening to me, and was glad when the effects subsided,as I was really not enjoying it by this point. The forth time it happened.... -It was perhaps the most terrifying experience of my life, I really thought I was going to die, I managed to keep my breathing calm, but I just clung onto my friend until I was able to walk out of there.... -We walked for a long time along the River Thames, and thank God it didn't happen again. I had done nothing different to what I have done on many evenings, there's no explanation as to what was different this time: -The pill that I took was of a type I'd had before, so it wasn't even a case of it being extra strong.

So, to everyone out there taking norvir, please think twice about ecstacy: -If this can happen to me, it can happen to anyone.

Yours

Shaken and stirred.

London

Thanks.

increase wbc/cd4 and lower viral
When to start medications?