increase wbc/cd4 and lower viral

Is there any way to boost my immune system and decrease a viral load with supplements, vitamins or herbs ?

signed, worried

Prior to the advent of potent HIV therapies I had many patients try to fight their HIV infection with herbs, vitamins, ozone and other alternative therapies. None worked and many of these patients are dead. I am unaware of any well conducted studies of anything other than HIV meds that have demonstrated deep declines in viral load and increases in CD4.

On the other hand, we do know that there are things one can do to bring the CD4 cell count down such as crack cocaine, excessive alcohol intake and poor nutrition.

Living a healthy lifestyle and partnering with a clinician well versed in HIV care are the two things you can do to successfully manage your HIV.

Major differences between HIV and AIDS
Choosing your "recreational" meds