Going on medication before returning to Tanzania - should if effect my choice
Jul 2, 2006
My VL is around 60,000 and CD4 is about 300. I am about to start HIV medication here in the States. In two years I will return to Tanzania. Should this influence my choice of medication? How do I find out which types of medication are available in Tanzania.
Response from Dr. Wohl
The most widely available HIV regimen in Tanzania is a combo of d4T+3TC+nevirapine. So, you could start on a similar regimen before you go back to Tanzania. I would suggest Truvada+nevirapine. Then after you return, if you can not get Truvada, you can switch to the d4T+3TC+nevirapine.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Breast Feeding With HIV Effects On Baby
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.