OTC supplements & HIV medications

I am taking Viread, Sustiva and Epivir. A friend told me about a supplement that boosts the immune system called N Acetal Cystine (I think this is the spelling). Are there contraindications to my trying the supplement? And do you know if there is any truth to the supplement's claims? Thank you. Keith

Keith- Thanks for your post.

There aren't any significant drug-drug interactions between your meds and NAC.

There's also no convincing evidence that I'm aware of that there's benefits of the use of NAC. AIDSmap did a nice relatively recent review of NAC, including the negative results of a randomized clinical study.

Hope this helps. BY

resistance testing
Sculptra in Thailand