Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

start terapy?
Jul 1, 2006

Hi doctor, I am Tom from Italy, I've a question for a friend of mine, who for the last 7 months (date of discovery virus) has CD4 230 and a viral load of 1800. Are these results alarming or is there no reason to panic yet?? he would liked to enter the reyataz truvada protocol, but they refused him because of his low viral load to enter it schould be 5000, they say.

Thank you very mutch for your time, and come and boost your cd4 levels in Italy, the healthy and delicious food will do that here, tom

Response from Dr. Young

Buon giorno, Tom.

Thanks for your post from one of most favorite places in the world.

Your friend has lab values that tell us that it's time to seriously consider starting on treatment for HIV. No reason to panic-- but yes, he needs to start in the near future. It's too bad that he's ineligible for the study. In cases like his, we'll sometimes rescreen the patient for the study. It wouldn't surprise me that on a second set of labs that his viral load might meet the entry criteria.

I hope this helps. I'll be back in Italy just as soon as my medical partners give me a week off. BY

Previous
acquiring trizivir in the USA as a Canadian
Next
resistance testing

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.