Jul 1, 2006
I have Hepatitis C and no med yet, now i found that i am pregnant, i am worried about it, shall i continue it or i have abort it ? i don't want my baby have disease same with me. And there is risk for my baby after , like some baby defect ??? thank you
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Fortunately, HCV does not pose any significant risk to your baby (it's not transmitted or causes birth defects).
Make sure that if your conclusion about HCV is based on a positive antibody test, that your doctor performs other tests (like a PCR) to determine whether or not your body has cleared the virus (as happens in about 30% of exposed patients).
Best luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue A Sign Of HIV?
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.