Herbes & Vitamines - Pre Hiv Meds

Let me begin by saying thank you very much for all the great work you people do - Thank you!

I was diagnosed positive in January 2006 (most likely infected in September 2006 in serious car accident)

I have not yet began any HIV medication. I have been relatively health, although I am suffering from minor skin problems / rashes - but I'm not at the point to start medication.

I've been taking the following vitamins and herbs on a daily bases, i'm wondering what your thoughts are;

B-125 L-Lysine 1000 mg Vitamin C 4000 Mg Flax Seed Oil 500 Mg Aged Garlic 450 Mg Kyloic Mushroom Combo 300 Mg Vitamin E 400 UI Selenium 200 mcg Zinc 50 Mg Alpha Lipoic Acid 100 Mg Omega 3 1000 Mg Niacin 100 Mg Vitamin A 10000 IU Co E-Q10 200 Mg

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've read a study or two related to B Complex and Selenium, what do you think about these vauge sounding studies?

Thank you every so much. Michael

Michael-

Thanks for your post and kind words.

It seems to me that you're taking an awful amount of supplements. I can't tell you if they will be of any benefit in the long run (since many of my patients tried mega vitamins and supplements in the past, prior to ARVs).

If I were you (or you were my patient), I'd focus on making sure that all of my preventive medicine issues were taken care of-- preventive vaccinations, diet, exercise, smoking, safe sex and drugs, etc. Make sure that you've got an experienced HIV care provider-- get periodic monitoring of your CD4 count, viral load and get a baseline HIV drug resistance test.

I hope that this diversionary discussion if of benefit. Best of health to you. BY

PML Survivor
Man Boobs