long term

I,ve been hiv for 20 yrs my cd4 is now at 374 my viral is 10.000.my last labs where 534 viral were 10.000.should i start thinking of taking medication.i am hep c positive my doctor said all labs are fine for hep c.please help me in my decision.

Thanks for your post.

If your HIV and HCV coinfected, I'd have a lower threshold to initiate HIV treatment. With a CD4 count of ~375, you're close to the point that mono-infected patients should consider starting.

Hence, if you were my patient, I'd begin a discussion with you about the risk, benefits and options for treatment.

Remember, that the goal of HIV treatment is prevention of very serious complications. Waiting to start largely increases the risk that such complications will arise. In the end, the decision will be yours, you just need to know the pros and cons.

I hope this helps. BY

KS lymphoma
PML Survivor