Jun 25, 2006
I,ve been hiv for 20 yrs my cd4 is now at 374 my viral is 10.000.my last labs where 534 viral were 10.000.should i start thinking of taking medication.i am hep c positive my doctor said all labs are fine for hep c.please help me in my decision.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Hence, if you were my patient, I'd begin a discussion with you about the risk, benefits and options for treatment.
Remember, that the goal of HIV treatment is prevention of very serious complications. Waiting to start largely increases the risk that such complications will arise. In the end, the decision will be yours, you just need to know the pros and cons.
I hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blisters After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.