Kaposi's Sarcoma & HIV

I was recently diagnosed two weeks ago with CD count 220 and load of 200,000. One of the drugs caused a jaundice reaction, therefore, I am trying another one. My question, does KS complicate treatment? What do you recommend for KS? Is KS an instant death notice?

thanks.

Thanks for your post.

In general, if the KS is limited to the skin, for most patients, the best treatment is HAART. The best regimen for you is based on decisions about the HIV and less about KS.

KS is certainly not a death sentence- with appropriately selected triple drug therapy that is taken (adhered to), I'd expect your prognosis and life span to be excellent. BY

At a guess....
KS lymphoma