For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

I am HIV

hi, I am from Germany. I am 32 and newly diagnosed. I was in September negativ and now / 6 Month / positive. I am by specialist. My cd4 is 659. I dont need now any meds. I am worring a lot. Are we gonna die from HIV? Can we live many many years and dont die from HIV? I am afraid!

You should search this site for similar posts as, unfortunately, many write in regarding about being newly infected.

Most are worried and scared and often ask about medication. Look at our responses. These will tell you that current medication can probably keep you alive and well for decades during which new advances will improve HIV care. They will also indicate that the optimal time to start HIV medication remains unclear but that with better and more potent medication doctors and patients are starting treatment at higher CD4 cell counts (i.e. 350+). Of course, it is essential that you locate a clinic staffed by doctors and other professionals who are expert at HIV care and take the time to explain things to you. Lastly, there are things you need to do to help yourself including taking you medication exactly as directed, when and if you do start medications, and not acquiring a new strain of HIV that may be drug resistant. Safe sex will protect you and prevent others from going through what you are dealing with now.

what is CMV
no update