what is CMV

My name is Toya I am type O Negative and I found out I am CMV negative what is CMV.

CMV stands for cytomegalovirus. This is a virus that is very common in people. It can be acquired during birth, childhood and sexually and via needle-sharing/transfusion. In the US the risk of being CMV infected is about equal to your age (so that somewhere around 30% of 30 year olds are infected). In some groups, like gay men, the infection rate is almost 100%. CMV never goes away. It stays in our bodies for life.

However, CMV does little to those with a normal immune system. In people with advanced AIDS, it can cause disease, particularly damage to the retina of the eye. In transplant recipients on immunosuppressive medications it can cause other organ damage.

That you are CMV negative means you have not been infected with CMV.

Still confused
I am HIV