Kaletra or Sustiva

Thank you Doctor Young for your response, however I think you misunderstood my email. My doctor indicated that my cholesterol was perfect, so the switch would not be because of hig cholesterol. The only reason my doctor gave me for the switch is that I was doing great, but before problem start we should change your medication. I was worried, and now more than ever, I wonder if the switch is really necessary. I trust my doctor, he was always helful. Should I continue trusting him and go for the change or ask more questions before switching?

When I first got sick in 2001, I was put on Norvir which didn't work for me. I had to take really strong medication since I had bad convulsions due to Aids. As I told you earlier, I am doing so great now with Kaletra, why switching?

I really hope you can help me see thing clearly, as it is now, I'm getting more confused.

Thank you in advance for your response and your help.

Thanks for your follow up.

Boy, if you're tolerating your current regimen and don't have any evidence of toxicity (elevation in cholesterol), or difficulty with the life-style aspects (dosing, pill count, side effects) I'd be hard pressed to switch your regimen.

That's not to say that the choice of efavirenz is a bad one, but it's always worth remembering that even the best tolerated medications cause side effects in a minority of patients.

There's no wrong response here, just a difference in approach and philosophy. I'd be sure that your comfortable with the decision to stay or switch, either way. BY

Just diagnosed, what drugs?
Is it advisable to change the treatment