When is it to late to take a forgotten dose?

I was diagnosed this spring and started a regiment of Truvada, Reyataz and Norivr. Not sure how it is going since my next labs are still a month away. I have been very pleased with the side effects or I should say lack thereof. Thus far I have been 99.98% faithful. I take everything every morning at breakfast. I sometimes eat breakfast at work and forget to take my meds until a couple of hours later. Will this greatly impact their effectiveness? Also when is it to late to take a missed dose? Finally, thanks for contributing to this great site. I am somewhat overwhelmed by the resources available to get HIV information, but have learned so much through all the questions and answers.

Thanks for your post and comments.

If you're dosing changes by a couple of hours from time to time, I'm sure that you'll be fine. The effectiveness of your regimen shouldn't be affected by your timing issue, but be certain to take your meds with food, since this can have a much larger affect on atazanavir (Reyataz) levels.

Hope this helps, BY

TLC - test results. please.
pgl and meds