Should I start med when cd count is high?

Dear Dr Dw, I have been tested and I am HIV positive with cdcount of 1024. The first time the test was confirmed was two year ago and my cdcount was 1024, i did another test early this year and my cdcount is 1021 . A new doctor I met said I should start the drugs to increase my immunity but the previous doctor I saw said there is no need to start. I have undetectable viral load. Please what do you think I should do in the face of these conflicting medical advice.

thanks uche

Uche- Thanks for your post.

With an undetectable viral load and very high CD4 count, I'd see no immediate reason why you should start antiretroviral therapy, so long as you're feeling well. BY

Resistance testing
Dropping Rescriptor