Jun 9, 2006
what is the average or normal span between time of infection and when someone needs to begin meds. I understand everyone is different but what is the average?
| Response from Dr. Young
You're right, there's a huge variability in the time between infection and starting medications. With current guidelines that suggest starting treatment with CD4s between 200 and 350, this time is around 7-8 years.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do People Find Out They're Hiv Positive?
- Is Bruising Easily A Sign Of Hiv?
- How Long After Possible Infection Should I Wait Before Getting A Blood Test For Hepatitis C?
- Can I Know If I'm Hiv Positive After 2 Weeks Of Infected?
- When Are Genital Warts Contagious?
- What Helps To Heal Shingles Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.