Jun 9, 2006
what is the average or normal span between time of infection and when someone needs to begin meds. I understand everyone is different but what is the average?
| Response from Dr. Young
You're right, there's a huge variability in the time between infection and starting medications. With current guidelines that suggest starting treatment with CD4s between 200 and 350, this time is around 7-8 years.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.