Jun 9, 2006
I have been on clindamycin for 5 days on a 7 day treatment 150 mgs 4 times per day for my tonsillitis. The antibiotic is taking my appetite away, causing stomach pains, fatigue, nausea and mild skin itching. Should I discontinue for the last 2 days and will the 5 days already taken get rid of the infection?
Response from Dr. Young
If I were you, I'd dry to get through the last couple of days of prescribed antibiotics. If you're having side effects, the best thing to do isn't to self-determine to prematurely stop, but rather to contact the prescribing doctor about any difficulties that you might be having. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Accuracy Of Pooled NAT Testing For Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.