Is it safe to take diet pills while I'm anemic?

My doctor told me I was serverly anemic and perscribed me some iron tables and stool softners. She also told me that my weight is beginning to become serious. She did tell me it's okay to diet but can I take diet pills to help me out?

Thanks for your post.

I'd take this one step at a time-- servere anemia can be very serious (indeed, life threatening in some cases). I would make sure that the cause of your anemia is well understood or diagnosed and treated appropriately.

I'm generally not a big fan of diet pills, but rather interested in seeing life style modifications (such as modest changes in caloric intake and exercise) before adding more medications to the mix. I'm with your doctor in the dieting, but would hold off on the pills. BY

Should I change when my cd4 has remained above 200 for 3 years?
clindamycin