early numbers

I was infected about 7 months ago (August 21, 3 a.m. to be precise). After positive Elisas and a confirmatory WB (five bands present, including at least one from each of the ENV, POL, and GAG classes) in January, I had my first labs done. CD4 absolute 757, %age 38 % and VL... <400 (the detectability threshold for this test, I was told that they don't order the ultrasensitive test for early first labs). The nurse-practitioner was puzzled and reordered the antibody tests and also an ultrasensitive VL test. Results not in yet. So I'm a long ways from initiating treatment -- right?

Thanks!

Thanks for your post.

Your's is indeed an unusual case with recent infection and undetectable HIV viral load. This generally is a very good prognostic indicator and suggest that combined with your high CD4 numbers it should be a long while before the need to initiate medications for HIV. BY

You wont die of Aids.
Should I change when my cd4 has remained above 200 for 3 years?