It works! Have faith.

After a bout of PCP in Feburary this year I recieved a positive diagnosis in March, so did my husband. We were both shocked and scared. At that time my CD4 was 114 and VL 98000. I have recieved wonderful care and support from both the medical profession and family/ friends. I commenced on Truvada, Saquinavir, Ritonovir on 3rd May and by the 24th May my CD4 was 381 and VL 2600. WOW. I feel good, more energy. I have also put in the work myself, eating right and seeing a psychologist, excercise and investing in my relationship.

I don't expect things to always be easy but having faith in those who want the best for you and the treatment will help.

I received news this week that a friend has committed suicide after recieving a positive diagnosis. I know that this isn't the whole story for him, but this obviously tipped him over the edge. He didn't give it a chance and had made up his mind. He didn't know of my position and he would have been someone I would have trusted.

Choose life and choose to live it.

Treatment works!!!

London Girl.

Dear London Girl-

Thanks for your important and thoughtful post. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. Your two stories speak to the differences between the fear of HIV treatments and today's real world experiences of patients on medications.

Send us a post from time to time, I'd love to hear how you're doing (even if it's to say that nothing's going on).

BY

Can anything create HIV?
This is all I have to look forward to?