EXPECT THE WORSE?

hi doc,

i recently had surgery and was hospitalized (non hiv related) for 2 weeks. the evening i came out of surgery, i missed my evening dose of sustiva due to being under anestisia. when i woke up the following morning i took the missed dose w/ my truvada and opted 2 deal with the drowsy side effects. that evening, i took my regularly scheduled dose of sustiva. did taking the morning dose of sustiva that was missed from the night before help or possibly hurt my chances of gaining resistance? is that classified as a "missed dose"? i'm not due for my labs until mid july but i want to get an idea as to what to expect. i've been successful on this regimen since november (never missing a dose). vl= undetectable and cd4 counts= 428. i feel so disappointed and nervous about my upcoming tests. should i worry or will things more than likely be ok?

Oy, if only I can have more like you in my clinic! You are doing a great job. Do not worry. Missing a single dose of Sustiva does not resistance make. The half life of the drug plus your attempt at catch up ensures you will be fine.

Rest easy, give yourself a break and enjoy your success.

Undetectable but CD4 is still low?
simpler meds, but risk of resistance