Starting treatment before summer ends...

Dear Dr. Young: I have been to my ID Dr. today to get my last labs. This is only my third set of labs. My evolution has been the following: 30/nov/2005: Cd4: 609-27.8% V.L.:15.232 26/jan/2006: Cd4:689/25% V.L.:48.600 10/may/2006: Cd4:539/26% V.L.: 100.000 The Dr. was "worried" about the high viral load. He would like to see me as soon as possible but offered me the possibility of having a new blood work in august and a new appointment that same month to give me "the last summer without meds". If the viral load reamains so high and the cd4 continue to drop I will start treatment immediately with Sustiva & Truvada because he finds "the tendency is clear". I would like to start today on meds. Do you think it is safe enough to wait until the 14th of august? I wouldnt like to see my cd4 drop below 350 by then... What do you think?

Thanks for your post.

I think that it would be reasonable to wait a few more months and repeat labs. If there's any doubt or concern, one could repeat the testing a little earlier (in July, rather than August).

I hope this helps, good luck, BY

How important is regularity of dosing?
Undetectable but CD4 is still low?