|Starting treatment before summer ends...
Jun 8, 2006
Dear Dr. Young: I have been to my ID Dr. today to get my last labs. This is only my third set of labs. My evolution has been the following: 30/nov/2005: Cd4: 609-27.8% V.L.:15.232 26/jan/2006: Cd4:689/25% V.L.:48.600 10/may/2006: Cd4:539/26% V.L.: 100.000 The Dr. was "worried" about the high viral load. He would like to see me as soon as possible but offered me the possibility of having a new blood work in august and a new appointment that same month to give me "the last summer without meds". If the viral load reamains so high and the cd4 continue to drop I will start treatment immediately with Sustiva & Truvada because he finds "the tendency is clear". I would like to start today on meds. Do you think it is safe enough to wait until the 14th of august? I wouldnt like to see my cd4 drop below 350 by then... What do you think?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
I think that it would be reasonable to wait a few more months and repeat labs. If there's any doubt or concern, one could repeat the testing a little earlier (in July, rather than August).
I hope this helps, good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.