How important is regularity of dosing?

I'm taking Kaletra (capsules) and the "Combid" a Thai version, I believe, of Comivir?? I was instructed to take the doses morning with breakfast and night with dinner. I was also advised to keep the dosing time regular at exactly 12 hours apart. Question is: How strict does this latter rule need to be adhered to with these drugs? Having to take meds to start with is stressful and unpleasant enough; having to stick to such a rigid schedule only adds to these downsides. Because I take the capsules of Kaletra, I am supposed to take them with meals; the 12-hour rule really impacts me then because no longer can my breakfasts or dinners be flexible to suit my schedule and activities. Everything has to be scheduled and planned around these two events, so a lot of my day is tied to taking the meds, further highlighting their impact on my life and pursuit of happiness. Any relaxation on the timing rule okay? Any "fudge factor" . . window . . partial escape from the regiment?! Tnank you, doctors.

Thanks for your post.

Yes, relaxing the scheduling would be ok. I don't suscribe to the exactly every 12 hour belief with your medications. Twice a day means within a few hours of 12 hours.

BY

Truvada Adherence
Starting treatment before summer ends...