Truvada Adherence

I screwed up big time and managed to miss 5 daily doses of Truvada, which I take with Reyataz and Norvir. This is my first regimen, started 5/13, with CD4-186 and VL-52,000. I am terrified that I have screwed up this regimen forever, and, since I am resistant to all non-nukes (despite never having used meds before), this is a big big concern. How likely is it that my virus will now develop resistance to the Truvada? Thanks so much.

Thanks for your post.

Actually, my concern isn't resistance to tenofovir/FTC (Truvada), but rather resistance to atazanavir (Reyataz), since this was the drug that was in virtual monotherapy for the 5 days.

There's little to do right now other than to try to understand the basis of the missed doses (and to the extent possible, correct the problem) and to have your viral load response to treatment monitored very closely over the next weeks.

If your viral load doesn't approach undetectable by 8-12 weeks, I'd be looking at the possiblity of drug resistance and would pro-actively obtain drug resistance testing.

Best luck, BY

Pattern Emerging In Results?
How important is regularity of dosing?