Once a Day

Dr. Young,

First, you are the hardest working man I know. Please don't spend too much time on this post, because I use a lot of your energy anyway. I was wondering if I start treatment at the end of July of this year will there be a once a day pill? My Geno Type showed sensitivity to all drugs. Thank you and remember please don't spend too much of your energy on my question. Thank God for people like you.

Thanks for your post and nice words.

The once-a-day triple combo pill that you allude to (tenfovir/FTC/efavirenz) will likely be commercially available in the near future- perhaps just a month or two or three away.

Is it the right drug for you? This requires a more detailed inquiry into your health situation, but I'm heartened to hear that you don't have any evidence of the drug resistance that might compromise the potency of this or other medications.

Best of health, BY

Truvada
Undetectable?