Truvada

I am currently taking epivir, viread and sustiva. I am undetectable and I feel great. I am thinking about changing my regimen from epivir and viread to truvada, howver I am afraid. Do you think this is a wise thing to do? Thank you for your time to answer my question.

Thanks for your post.

There shouldn't be any real issue with simplification of your regimen to tenofovir/FTC (Truvada) from tenofovir (Viread)+ 3TC (Epivir). Both FTC and 3TC are quite similar in side effect profiles, though FTC can cause slight increase in the pigmentation of the hands (rarely).

The switch would decrease your pill burden and copayments by one-- perhaps of some benefit to you.

Worst off, if you should develop new side effects, you can simply switch back to the original combo.

Hope this helps, BY

An asnwer for all of us
Once a Day