Regime Ok / Novir as booster

First of all: I again have to say it is so great to see so many of you HIV professionals spending your personal time on this forum. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

When my CD4 keept bouncing around in the 200s my doctor and I decided to start medication. He RX'ed Epzicom and Rayatazz (2x200mg) and I did well with it(undectable after 4 weeks). I only had some side effects in the beginning. Now after 3 month he RX'ed Epzicom, Rayatazz lower (2x150) but added Novir as booster. I just started it and some oft the side affects from the begining (nausea and headache) are back but hopefully gone in a couple of weeks. My question: Is this a good med regime for somebody with elevated colesterol? And also: Since I started meds my fatigue got really bad. It' now more like cronic fatigue. Anything I should try, know or could do about it? Also my CD4s haven't increased much after 3 month of meds.

It sounds like you need your antiretroviral regimen revamped. The first idea is why not just simplify your life and go with a regimen like Sustiva (or Viramune) and Truvada. Sustiva/Truvada is about to be released as a one pill once a day regimen. Viramune has less of a tendency to cause cholesterol elevations although it is associated with a greater risk of liver toxicity than Sustiva. Also, it will not be available in the co-formulated tablet like Sustiva.

Besides the lower pill burden NNRTI-based therapy generally has fewer side effects than PI based therapy. Talk to your doctor and see what he or she thinks about a change along these lines. Thanks for posting and best of luck to you!

HIV Medication Side Effects Suggestions
anal cancer