Gilbert syndrome

I have been diagnosed with gilbert syndrome. I was just curious to ask if there is anything to do, that will help remove or lessen the yellowish tint in my eye whites.

Gilbert's syndrome is a harmless, genetic trait (not disease) that results in an alteration in the way that the liver processes bilirubin. The result is that bilirubin levels are modestly elevated in such individuals.

When bilirubin levels are further elevated (by medications, like indinavir or atazanavir; or by dehydration), yellowing of the eyes and skin may result.

If you have Gilbert's syndrome, there's little you can do to change this fact (anymore than you can change your biological parents), but making sure that you are well hydrated should minimize some of the incidental yellowing of the whites of your eyes.

I hope this is helpful. BY

treatment progress
Treatment or not