Jun 3, 2006
I have been diagnosed with gilbert syndrome. I was just curious to ask if there is anything to do, that will help remove or lessen the yellowish tint in my eye whites.
Response from Dr. Young
Gilbert's syndrome is a harmless, genetic trait (not disease) that results in an alteration in the way that the liver processes bilirubin. The result is that bilirubin levels are modestly elevated in such individuals.
If you have Gilbert's syndrome, there's little you can do to change this fact (anymore than you can change your biological parents), but making sure that you are well hydrated should minimize some of the incidental yellowing of the whites of your eyes.
I hope this is helpful. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.