new meds regimen

I recently changed doctors and my new doctor changed my meds to truvada, ziagen and sustiva, previously i was on videx, retrovir,ziagen and sustiva, is this new combo a good combo? vl undectectable tcells 700plus or minus, diagonesed 8 years, no major illnesses etc.Iwould appreciate your opinion and advice as always, thank you for all your good work and information. Sincerely, S-NYC

The new regimen sounds better than the last one because it has less potential for mitochondrial toxicity (neuropathy, lipodystrophy, pancreatitits, anemia, etc). After the switch another legitimate question is whether you need the Ziagen at all? Unless you have a history of drug-resistant virus there is no reason to think that Truvada and Sustiva (a standard 3 drug combination) would not work just as well. Let us know how things turn out and thanks for posting!

The best regimen for me?
Need help in Indonesia