Meds soon?

I just got my first post diagnosis lab results today. Unfortunately, no consultation so I have no real idea what they mean. They were not as good as I had hoped. The viral load was 140,000 and the LOGCOPIES/ML were 5.15. My CD4 cells were 455 with a CD4 % of 16. My CD8 cells were 1998 with a CD8 percentage of 69. The helper/suppressor ratio was .23.

If I were your patient would we be talking about meds soon? Also, with those numbers any idea of a ballpark of how long I've been carrying this virus around?

Thanks!

Hello and sorry to hear about your diagnosis. In general, treatment is recommended when the CD4 count drops below 350 CD4 cells or so. One lab test is just a beginning and it would be premature to draw any firm conclusions until you get at least a couple of more CD4 and viral load readings. Unfortunately, because of the extreme variability of progression of HIV infection it is not possible to track back from a viral load and CD4 count to determine how long you have been infected.

High dose Kaletra revisited
Just Started Treatment Question