drug combo for salvage after Combivir
Jun 3, 2006
I've been on Combivir alone for 12 yrs. Tcells 230, VL 595, need a change, not feeling well. What combo would you switch to?
Response from Dr. Pierone
The best regimen to use in your situation should be decided upon after reviewing a viral resistance test. An HIV genotype or phenotype (or both) will let you know what medications are likely to be active against the virus you have and help make more informed future treatment choices. Suffice it to say that you will be likely offered either a NNRTI or PI-based regimen. The choice of NRTIs to round out he cocktail will depend on what degree of cross resistance to other nukes is present.
Once you have this information and hear what your clinician has to suggest please feel free to repost. Best of luck to you!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Is The Life Span Of A Person Infected With Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Doctor Treats Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.