CD4 with a cold

Hello, I recently tested positive and know that I was infected a little over two years ago. My initial tests results were CD4 250, VL 60,000 and 18%. I had a very bad cold at the time and was wondering if that could have effected the numbers. Cold aside, isn't 250 extremely low for such a recent infection and do you think I will respond well to treatment?

Thanks very much for your help.

Thank you for your post.

Yes, a CD4 count of 250 and 18% is pretty low, low enough that despite the relatively short periord of time since your infection (and if the labs are confirmed), you'll likely benefit from starting HIV treatment in the near future.

There's no reason to think that you shouldn't respond well to treatment; I'd recommend getting a confirmatory CD4 cell count and HIV genotype to help guide treatment decisions.

Best health, BY

Is there life without meds
HIV Treatment