Is there life without meds
May 27, 2006
I would like to thank Dr. Young and all of you at the Body for all your help.I have not been put on meds and art or haart are sure options if am able to. Is there any life I can have without meds at all
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and words.
Of course, there's life with HIV without medications. Many persons with intact CD4 cell counts can and do live very full and productive lives; HIV medication permit the continuation of this once the immune system damage places the person at risk for AIDS complications.
Once the time comes to start ART (or HAART), you should have many well tolerated, well studied options available to you.
Best health, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- Which Organs Are Affected By Herpes?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.