May 25, 2006
WHICH IS THE ACUTE AND THE CRONIC PHASES?
| Response from Dr. Young
This one's pretty easy:
Acute phase HIV disease usually refers to that period of time prior to seroconversion (or HIV+ antibody tests). Other synonyms for acute phase are acute retroviral syndrome or primary HIV infection (PHI).
Chronic phase is everything else-- when the antibody tests are fully positive--
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Synonyms For Std
- Is Sinus Infection A Symptom Of HIV?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.