potasium levels

I was told that my potasium level is very low and this is not good for my heart. What can I do ?

Potassium is a very important chemical in the blood-- too high or too low and you can run into problems. Normally, potassium levels are regulated without need to supplement or treat.

The first question is to understand why your levels are low-- could it be that you have metabolic problems (like hormonal or endocrine disease), kidney disease or medication side effects. Knowledge of your magnesium level is also important, since sufficient magnesium is required to maintain potassium levels.

Once the basis is understood, we could begin to address the most appropriate treatment-- it's not uncommon to need to supplement potassium in the diet or with medications.

I hope this helps. BY

change of meds
restrictions