throwing-up

Not on meds yet but about to start.I already know my stomach is not the best when taking any sorts of medicine and frequently throw-up when taking any medicine (pills) for headaches etc My question is in regards to throwing-up after taking HIV medication and what the implications are likely to be i.e. the meds may not be digested properly, the proper dosage won't be digested etc. Is there any alternatives to taking the meds (i have discussed with my doc and the meds will be VIR Z 250) which is a combo made here in Thailand of AZT/3TC/Viramune and is 1 pill taken twice per day. Appreciate any answers you can put my way from past experience. Thanks James K

Thank you for your post and questions.

Nausea and vomiting can be a common side effect of some medications. That said, it's very important for you to know that not everyone experiences vomiting with meds-- even those with delicate stomachs, like you.

The regimen that you mention occasionally causes these side effects and can be a cause for treatment switch-- what I tell my patients about vomiting is this-- so long as you don't vomit within the first few minutes of taking the pills (and see pills in the vomit), you're ok with regard to the absorption of the medications and don't need to redose the medications.

I hope this helps, feel free to write us back. BY

HELP!! T cells are lost
change of meds