Changing regmen from Crixivan

I have been on Crixavan,combaver for 6years.I have been undetectable for the whole time,was fullblown aids when diaignost. My Dr. whats to change my regime to sustiva and travada , because of the heart and diabetes problems(heart is high trigs.)Is this a good change,should this regimine helps with these sidefects. thank you for helping so many. Bob

Hello Bob, thanks for posting.

I just posted a reply in which I said that it was the rare patient indeed who remains on the same old original regimen in spite of the advances in therapy. The regimen you currently take was the best we had in 1996. The regimen that your clinician is proposing is 2 pills that are taken once daily and will soon be available co-formulated as one pill a day. It also tends to have fewer side effects, both short and long-term. There are no guarantees that you personally will do better with a switch like this, but the odds are with you. Best wishes and let us know how things turn out. .

Can therapy be simplified in the future?
siffilis